Hotel & Motel Tax
- 12 pm
- Fourth Tuesday of each month
- City Hall
520 Fourth Ave.
Grinnell, IA 50112
- Laura Manatt - Term expires June 30, 2024
- Paul Nowasell, Chair - Term expires June 30, 2025
- Jo Renaud Becker - Term expires June 30, 2025
- Dustin Smith, Vice Chair - Term expires June 30, 2025
- Dorothy Spriggs - Term expires June 30, 2024
- Jim White - Term expires June 30, 2027
- Lesley Wright - Term expires June 30, 2027
- Dan Agnew, Mayor, Ex Officio - Indefinite
- Russ Behrens, City Manager - Ex Officio - Indefinite
- Chamber Representative - Ex Officio Indefinite
- Ann Wingerter, Secretary/Treasurer
- Development and promotion of Grinnell as a tourist destination and a place for overnight stays.
- Increase the number of tourists visiting Grinnell and staying in the city's hotels, motels, and bed-and-breakfasts.
- Enhancement of the community's appearance, tourist amenities, historic preservation, arts and culture, recreation, and other assets that have tourism-related implications.
- The committee's seven members serve four-year terms.
Grinnell Tourism Grant Program
For many years, Grinnell Hotel-Motel Tax Committee (a/k/a Grinnell Tourism Group) has funded numerous community projects, special events and initiatives through local hotel-motel tax.
Those receiving Tourism grants have included:
- Iowa South Devon Association
- Small Town Baseball
- Grinnell Area Arts Council
- GHS Reunions
- Grinnell Volunteer Fire Department
- Masters Swimming
- Poweshiek Animal League Shelter (PALS)
- Grinnell Little League
APPLICATION DEADLINES: January 15, April 15, July 15 and October 15. Applications must be submitted before the event or initiative has occurred.
All Applicants must meet with City Manager Russ Behrens or his designee prior to submitting an application to ensure their application meets eligibility requirements.
Download Application & Guideline Requirements