Additional Registration Information
Activities and programs are dependent upon weather conditions. During winter months if conditions exist making it unsafe for travel, or if School is canceled due to weather, programs will be canceled and the GARC (the gym) may be closed. If school is delayed in the morning the GARC will try and open at 9am for walkers when the Recreation Department office opens. Announcements or cancellations regarding youth and adult programs (practices and/or games) will be aired on KGRN (AM 1410) radio station on the day of the event. Please do not call KGRN. We will also post announcements on Facebook. Should sudden threatening weather conditions arise while a program is in progress, we ask that parents arrive to the program site as soon as possible.
Late FeeA late fee of $5 per participant will be assessed to the fee should you register after the deadline or start of the program. A late fee of $20 will be assessed to the fee for adult leagues should you register after the deadline or start of the program.
- A full refund is allowed only for a medical reason or if the program has been cancelled by the Recreation Department.
- No refunds will be issued for adult team sport activities.
- A $5 administration fee will be assessed to all refunds if the requesting party is not willing to transfer funds to another program.
- A refund of 50% of the program fee will be issued on registrations cancelled after the start of the program, but less than 50% of the classes have met.
- No refunds will be issued if more than 50% of the classes have met.
Financial AssistanceFinancial assistance is available to those who qualify. You may apply in person at the Grinnell Recreation Department, 1500 Penrose Street.
Donations for YouthRecreational programs are created to build self-esteem, to increase healthy activities, and to promote both individual and team success. Unfortunately, not all children in the community have the monetary means to participate in these extra-curricular activities. To assist these children, the Grinnell Recreation Department requests and accepts donations of swim passes, program fees or money to go toward such areas.
To make your donation to the youth of Grinnell, or to seek assistance for a child in your care, please stop by our office or call (641) 236-2620. In donating, you help the youth of Grinnell, as well as increasing community involvement and family participation. Thank you for your time and assistance in creating opportunities for others.