Before the pools are drained, bring your dog to the pool for a dip! Dogs will love a chance to swim at the Grinnell Mutual Family Aquatic Center. To keep the dog's "best friend" safe, human companions are allowed to observe out of the water.
The dog swim is scheduled for Wednesday, August 31st from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. The cost is $10.00 per dog and human friends are free. All proceeds from the event will go to the Central Park Renovation fund.
Safety for the Event
For the safety of all dogs, friends, family and staff it is expected all event attendees follow City ordinances including appropriate vaccines, dog license tags on, keep dogs on leash outside the water and clean up after your dog.
- Dog swim only - human friends may not enter the water past their knees
- Dogs may only be off-leash when they are in the water. Dogs will not be permitted to run freely around the facility, inside or outside.
- Owners are responsible for picking up dog waste, doggie bags will be available for land use and skimmers will be available for in water clean-up by owners.
- One dog per adult (someone age 16 and older)
- Community friendly dogs only (no females in heat or canines with poor manners or aggressive tendencies)