- As needed
- Community Center
927 4th Ave.
Grinnell, IA 50112
- Lisa Adkins - Term expires June 30, 2013
- Cheryl Neubert - Term expires June 30, 2014
- James Paulson, Chair - Term expires June 30, 2015
- John Whittaker - Term expires June 30, 2013
- Conduct studies for the identification and designation of historic districts and sites meeting the definitions established by Chapter 26 of the Code of Ordinances
- Make a recommendation to the State Bureau of Historic Preservation for the listing of an historic district or site in the National Register of Historic Places and may conduct a public hearing thereon
- Investigate and recommend to the council the adoption of ordinances designating historic sites and historic districts if they qualify as defined herein
- In addition to those duties and powers specified above, the commission may, with council approval:
- Cooperate with federal, state, and local governments in the pursuance of the objectives of historic preservation
- Provide information for the purpose of historic preservation to the council
- Promote and conduct an educational and interpretive program on historic properties within its jurisdiction
- The board's five members serve three-year terms.