927 Fourth Avenue
Ph: (641) 236-6302
Fx: (641) 236-2626
Monday - Friday
7:00 am - 4:00 pm
The City's Water Pollution Control Plant staff provides the day-to-day operation of the plant, six lift stations, and is responsible for the maintenance of the collection systems. Plant staff is also responsible for the maintenance of the storm sewer collection system. The wastewater plant is located at 3976 20th Street.
The City of Grinnell Water Pollution Control Plant consists of a rotary trickling filter plant with separate sludge digestion. Treatment units include mechanical bar screens, grit removal, two circular primary clarifiers, a single rotary trickling filter, two circular final clarifiers, a single anaerobic digester, a 0.75-million-gallon sludge storage tank, and a three-cell stormwater equalization basin with a 16-million-gallon capacity.
- Interstate 80 Lift Station - located south of Stage Coach Road and east of Highway 146
- Farmhand Lift Station - located at the intersection of Pinder Avenue and Highway 146
- South East Lift Station - located at 1301 First Avenue
- North West Lift Station - located .5 mile north of the intersection of 16th Avenue and Reed Street
- 14th Avenue Lift Station - located at 1520 14th Avenue
- Melrose Lift Station - located at 4 1/2 Melrose Lane
Emergencies and After Hours Calls
- Jan B. Anderson - Water Resources Director
- Jack W. Griffith - Supervisor
- Rick Puls - Assistant Supervisor
- Marvin Roovaart - Operator II
- Rick Springer - Operator II
All emergency and after hours calls should be directed to county dispatch at 641-623-5679.