Hotel & Motel Tax
- 12 pm
- Fourth Tuesday of each month
- City Hall
520 Fourth Ave.
Grinnell, IA 50112
- Tom Cirks - Term expires June 30, 2021
- Sally Lang - Term expires June 30, 2020
- Paul Nowasell, Chair - Term expires June 30, 2020
- Dustin Smith, Vice Chair - Term expires June 30, 2021
- Dorothy Spriggs - Term expires June 30, 2020
- Jim White - Term expires June 30, 2023
- Lesley Wright - Term expires June 30, 2023
- Dan Agnew, Mayor, Ex Officio - Indefinite
- Russ Behrens, City Manager - Ex Officio - Indefinite
- Chamber Representative - Ex Officio Indefinite
- Ann Wingerter, Secretary/Treasurer
- Development and promotion of Grinnell as a tourist destination and a place for overnight stays.
- Increase the number of tourists visiting Grinnell and staying in the city's hotels, motels, and bed-and-breakfasts.
- Enhancement of the community's appearance, tourist amenities, historic preservation, arts and culture, recreation, and other assets that have tourism-related implications.
- The committee's seven members serve four-year terms.
Grinnell Tourism Grant Program
For many years, Grinnell Hotel-Motel Tax Committee (a/k/a Grinnell Tourism Group) has funded numerous community projects, special events and initiatives through local hotel-motel tax.
Those receiving Tourism grants have included:
- Iowa South Devon Association
- Small Town Baseball
- Grinnell Area Arts Council
- GHS Reunions
- Grinnell Volunteer Fire Department
- Masters Swimming
- Poweshiek Animal League Shelter (PALS)
- Grinnell Little League
All Applicants must meet with City Manager Russ Behrens or his designee prior to submitting an application to ensure their application meets eligibility requirements.
Download Application & Guideline Requirements