Grinnell Community Ice Rink
In the winter of 2020-2021, the Iowa Wild and Wells Fargo donated an outdoor ice rink to the community of Grinnell. With the partnership of the Ahrens Park Foundation and the City of Grinnell Parks and Recreation Department, the rink will be located at the south end of the Ahrens Park, west of the sledding hill. The Grinnell Community Ice Rink will be available for the residents of Grinnell and the surrounding areas seasonally, during the winter months. The outdoor ice rink is not supervised and skaters are advised they are skating at their own risk. Users must bring their own skates.
***all local/state guidelines in regards to COVID-19 should be followed at all times***
- Hockey skating hours: Dawn to Noon
- Open skating hours: Noon to Dusk
The rink is not supervised. All skaters are advised that they are skating at their own risk.
- Green sign indicates rink is OPEN
- Red sign indicates rink is CLOSED
Ice Rink Rules
- Ice skating, by nature, is a hazardous activity, and falls are common. Rink users assume inherent risks and responsibilities, whether a spectator or participant.
- Be aware of the soft spots, rough edges, water puddles, or other hazards on the ice.
- Protective safety gear (i.e. coat, hat, gloves, helmet, mouth guard, etc.) is recommended on the rink at all times.
- Please be courteous and share the ice. Know the range of your ability while wearing skates and maintain a proper lookout to avoid other skaters.
- No food, drink, or pets are allowed on the ice.
- Do not skate while under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or other control-impairing substances.
- Kicking holes and chipping or gouging the ice is prohibited.
- Skaters and spectators must not sit on, lean over, or leave items on the dasher boards.
- The rink may be periodically closed for maintenance, such as damage to the rink, or if the ice has melted. Thank you for your patience.
If you have questions or concerns please contact: City of Grinnell Parks & Recreation Department at 641-236-2620.
For Emergencies Call: 911