Grinnell Water Pollution Control Facility
The City's Water Pollution Control Plant staff provides the day-to-day operation of the plant, six lift stations, and is responsible for the maintenance of the collection systems. Plant staff is also responsible for the maintenance of the storm sewer collection system. The wastewater plant is located at 3976 20th Street.
The City of Grinnell Water Pollution Control Plant consists of a rotary trickling filter plant with separate sludge digestion. Treatment units include mechanical bar screens, grit removal, two circular primary clarifiers, a single rotary trickling filter, two circular final clarifiers, a single anaerobic digester, a 0.75-million-gallon sludge storage tank, and a three-cell stormwater equalization basin with a 16-million-gallon capacity.
Wastewater Service Diagram
Water Pollution Control Facility Improvements
During 2018 & 2019 a new Wastewater Treatment Facility will be constructed.
Facility Improvement Presentation October 2016
- Interstate 80 Lift Station - located south of Stage Coach Road and east of Highway 146
- Farmhand Lift Station - located at the intersection of Pinder Avenue and Highway 146
- South East Lift Station - located at 1301 First Avenue
- North West Lift Station - located .5 mile north of the intersection of 16th Avenue and Reed Street
- 14th Avenue Lift Station - located at 1520 14th Avenue
- Melrose Lift Station - located at 4 1/2 Melrose Lane
- Jan B. Anderson - Water Resources Director
- Daniel Ramos - Wastewater Director
- Josh Kriegel - Operator I
- Keagan Richmond - Apprentice
Emergencies and After Hours Calls
All emergency and after hours calls should be directed to county dispatch at 641-623-5679.