The City of Grinnell is seeking qualified candidates for the position of volunteer firefighter.
- Assisting emergency medical providers
- Auto extrication
- Fire suppression
- Hazardous material spills response
- Interacting with the public
- Technical rescue
- Participating in drills
- Variety of tasks related to firefighting as assigned by the fire chief
These examples of duties in no way imply that these are the only duties performed by a person filling this position. They may be required to follow other instructions and perform other duties when requested by a supervisor.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to understand and follow detailed oral and written instructions
- Ability to make minor adjustments to mechanical equipment
- Ability to lift, drag, and/or carry heavy objects in excess of 50 pounds
- Ability to obtain FF I certification within one year from date of hire
- Must live within the Grinnell fire district
- Must pass a post-offer physical / drug screening
- Must have a valid Iowa driver's license
Applications may be picked up at:
Grinnell Fire Department
1020 Spring Street
Grinnell, IA 50112
Contact Chief Daniel J. Sicard at the Grinnell Fire Department with any questions. You may call him at (641) 236-2688.