The Public Service department accepts the following batteries for recycling:
- Rechargeable Batteries: Look for the word rechargeable on the battery. If it comes with a charger it is rechargeable.
- Lithium Batteries: Look for the word lithium on the battery.
- NiCad and NiMH Batteries: Frequently found in telephones, cameras, computers, and other high tech electronics.
- Button Batteries: Commonly found in watches and hearing aides
- Sealed Lead Acid Batteries
- Mercury Batteries
Please take your used batteries from the above list to one of the following locations:
- Public Services Building at 1411 1st Avenue
- Drake Community Library at 930 Park Street
- Transfer Station Permanent Hazardous Waste Drop Off-Site SCISWA website
Regular alkaline household batteries, i.e. A, AA, AAA, C, D, 9-volt, should be disposed of with your regular solid waste.